Are you planning to make digital marketing as your full time career?
Are you planning to study digital marketing?
WAIT…., GO SLOW…. Understand few things before you take the final plunge.
Digital marketing is an umbrella term that encompasses several skills under a single banner. It is significantly essential for a newbie to understand the fact that digital marketing is no different from the traditional marketing, in fact it is yet another medium added to the traditional marketing. In this article we will have concise study about marketing, the various aspects of marketing like why to put efforts and energy into learning about marketing, comparative analysis of traditional marketing and digital marketing with a special focus on integrated marketing approaches , also along the side, getting acquainted with CATT funnel, one of the most important component of marketing funnel and lastly we will also try to understand the significance of personal branding in general as well as in digital marketing context.
1. Marketing :- First and foremost, marketing is not selling, it is getting maximum attention from the audience. To put it in simple words, marketing is a systematic process of understanding your clients/customers, and making and upholding relationships with them. The key to an organization’s success depends largely on marketing. Marketing strategies are scientifically backed techniques, designed to achieve brand building and making place in customers minds. It is all about, sending right message to the right audience at the right time. For a successful business any organization’s marketing strategies should always aim at understanding the customer so well that the product or service automatically fits in him and effortlessly sells itself.
Anyone who is planning a startup or a company however the size of their business must make it a point to learn about marketing. Because it is vital to any business success. One of the common strategies used by organizations is a mixture of four variables called a 4Ps of marketing.The four Variables are Product, Price, Place and Promotion.
2. Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing :- Allocation of marketing budgets is one of the crucial decisions organizations make on regular basis. Allocation of budgets and getting the desired ROI are two major concerns during budgeting. Therefore it is essential to focus only on those channels and techniques that are more likely to give you maximum ROI. Organizations these days are faced with the choice between digital marketing and traditional marketing, it seems like a race situation between digital marketing and traditional marketing and there can be no clear winner because both are effective enough in their respective domains. However with exponential growth in technological advancements and its consumers, it can’t be denied that digital marketing has an edge over traditional marketing, being low cost comparatively and hence risk free due.
3. Integrated Digital Marketing:- Integrated digital marketing is a unification of several digital marketing techniques with content at its core (want to read more about writing engaging content you can read here). The component content in the digital marketing spectrum is the king and all other techniques are focused towards channeling the traffic towards the content to get the attention of the audience and there by achieving CTA.
The above flowchart is from digitaldeepak.com an established name is digital marketing. The flowchart is self explanatory. which emphasizes on the how the content is at the nucleus of all other digital marketing activities, and how it drives the traffic towards sales. Deepak sir in his blog on Integrated Digital Marketing stressed a lot on creating quality content if you want your digital marketing campaigns to generate the desired number of sales.
4. CATT Funnel :- At the heart of any relationship whether in beginning state or advance state lies TRUST. Even in digital marketing this is one of the most significant response expected from the customers both before and after sales.
CATT funnel is term coined by deepak sir in his article the power of content marketing where he has beautifully elaborated the process of this sales funnel. In this sales funnel, quality content coming from a carefully chosen niche is likely to get the necessary attention, and with time can build trust with the consumer ultimately leading towards transaction. He further stated that wealth is directly proportional to CATT funnel to the power of niche. This indicates the significance of careful niche selection.
5. Personal Branding:- Let us first of all try to understand what is a brand, A brand is a name given to a product and/or service such that it takes on an identity by itself. In this context now let us try to understand what is personal branding.
Personal branding is the mindful and deliberate effort to create and influence public perception of an individual by positioning them as an authority in their industry, elevating their credibility, and differentiating themselves from the competition, to ultimately advance their career, increase their circle of influence, and have a larger impact. The process of personal branding involves finding your uniqueness, building a reputation on the things you want to be known for, and then allowing yourself to be known for them. Ultimately, the goal is to create something that conveys a message and that can be monetized.
Before I conclude this article, i want to mention some more essential components if focused on can bring incredible and guaranteed results, like communications skills, carefully chosen niche and meticulous figured out financial plans are too necessary for successfully digital marketing career. you can learn more about the NEED for personal growth here